How do you keep that EXPENSIVE pedicure looking fresh and shiny? The minute I step out of the nail salon and walk onto the dusty streets of Toronto, it seems that my nails immediately lose their pretty shininess. 🙁
Every time I shell out the cash to get a pedicure (at my fav spot Her Majesty’s Pleasure, of course!) I do a few things which keep my toes looking fresh (for a few weeks at least!).
Do this to help your Pedicure last:
- Avoid getting your toes wet for at least a few hours after a pedicure. Nail polish actually needs 8-12 hours to fully harden. If nails get wet during that time, the polish is more likely to lift off of the nail, increasing the chances of peeling and chipping.
- Oil up – Cuticles can dry out quickly. To keep them looking healthy and neat, rub a few drops of oil (of any kind) to your toes after the shower or before you go to bed.
- Keep a foot file or pumice stone in your shower – Every few days, give your feet a quick scrub with the file to keep soles smooth and soft!
- Bring your nail polish to the salon – This way, you can easily fix any chips later down the road.
- Reapply a top coat – You can revive nails that are starting to look dull by re-applying a top coat. You’ll get instantly shiny nails again!
How do you keep your nails looking fresh?