Going makeup-free always seems to be a goal we all have, but rarely do. We always feel that we have something to cover up or conceal.
You will never have flawless skin (because that doesn’t exist outside of photo filters!) but you can achieve healthy skin that will be radiant with, or without makeup. Try these tips to get your skin on the road to being healthy!
Whether you’re wearing makeup or not, the texture of your skin can be quite noticeable and says a lot about your skin’s health.
- Exfoliate: Use a scrub to polish the skin, and an alpha hydroxy acid to help improve overall tone. For example, lactic acid can be very anti-inflammatory and can help diminish fine lines and mild scars. Try: Pure + Simple Lactic Acid.
- Use a targeted serum: Dehydration is one of the main causes of rough skin and a serum with hyaluronic acid can help to boost the skin’s overall moisture level. Try: Viva Organics Hyaluronic Acid Serum.
Get a Natural Glow
Combat dull and lacklustre skin using these two strategies:
- Add fat: Just like a good diet, fats are essential to keep skin healthy. When skin is healthy it actually glows! Apply a face oil after your moisturizer which will nourish cells with fatty acids and protect the skin from moisture loss and environmental damage. Try: rosehip oil for dry skin, or seabuckthorn oil for combination skin.
- Use a targeted serum for brightening: Vitamin C is a fantastic option to help brighten and fade pigmentation. Try: FitGlow Super C Serum.
Healthy skin need nutrients to thrive. Increased circulation can help deliver oxygen and nutrients to the skin to keep it nourished. When skin is nourished it has a natural healthy rosy glow.
- Try facial massage: Spend some time massaging your facial oil using an up and out motion. Be careful around the eyes and don’t forget about the neck!
- Use ingredients that will stimulate blood circulation: Try a face mask with clay or caffeine, like Province Apothecary Detoxifying + Clarifying Clay Mask, or 100% Pure Caffeine sheet mask.